One of the most successful and therefore popular ways to get new clients or get your old clients to return to you is email marketing. Of course, you can’t be an expert at everything and that being said, we’ve collected the best available sources of HTML email marketing templates. If you want to save time and money use an email template rather than create from scratch, there are so many amazing templates that could be used for many purposes. Check out these 16 of the best sources of email templates.
Top HTML Email Template sources
1. Mail Bakery
50+ Free email templates and 20+ Premium email templates with different color schemes.
One of the established players in this market with years of experience and satisfied clients is Mail Bakery. High quality, tried and tested coding, great communication, and support as well as creative design. They offer various services including creating your template from scratch or converting your designs. Previous projects include Tinder, YouTube, Spotify, and Yummy Mummy. There are premium ready-made templates for specific business fields and free templates at the MailBakery template store.
- Ready-to-Use email templates (free and industry-specific premium)
- HTML Coding service
- Design services
- Email Campaign monitor services
- Responsive templates -that are tested on numerous devices
- Redesign or fixes of existing template.
- Partnership Program for Agencies
- Free templates available from the Mail Bakery template store.
- Premium ready-made templates from $48 including Ecommerce
- From Scratch coding from $98
- A full unique design from $258
- Agency partnership discounts
350+ HTML email templates, that can be edited in Stripo’s online editor.
Stripo offers over 300 free templates in various types, styles, and for different industries or paid custom-built templates. The HTML email templates are optimized for any platform, whether desktop or mobile. Stripo also has a lightweight email template plugin editor that lets you build professional looking and responsive email templates for your business, without HTML coding skills.
- Premade templates
- Custom design and HTML coded templates
- Responsive and tested
- Free template -standard features
- Coding based on your design -from $145
- Design and coding from $199
- Subscription plan -Business -$125 per year
- Subscription plan- Agency -$400 per year
370+ HTML Email Templates, of which over 50 are free.
BEE in this case is “Best Email Editor” an American and Italian product, that has free, pro or plugin options. Bee Free allows you to choose from the nearly 300 premade templates and add content with drag and drop technology. There are filters to help you choose via usage, designers, industry, or other tags. You can build from scratch within the editor. It’s ideal for starters.
- 50+ Free premade templates
- Simple editor
- Addition features in Pro versions
- Free option
- 3 Paid for versions of Pro; Freelancer $15 per month, Team $25 per month, Agency $45 per month
60 Free HTML Email Templates, integrated into Campaign Monitor’s editor.
Campaign Monitor offers up a DIY solution with a large selection of free email templates for creation. All of the templates are responsive, fully customizable, and can be edited and optimized for your brand. Simply choose a design, click on it and start editing. However, to start a marketing campaign using your template through campaign monitor you have to pay, there is a 3 tier pricing system. They are popular and have been used by such as Unicef to create campaigns.
- Free creation templates
- Editable and responsive
- Easy to use
- Free templates available
- Free trial option
- Campaigns have a 3 tier pricing structure from Basic to Premium, prices dependent on the volume of sent mail customers, and level of support.
- Pay per campaign prices
30+ HTML Email Templates, that can be edited in Litmus’ online editor.
Litmus is mainly a brand for a web service that lets you test your template on over 70 email clients and devices in a matter of seconds. In short, an automated email testing service. Such a service allows you to quickly identify broken links, images, or other bugs. But it is also a service allowing you to build, test, and analyze your email marketing campaign and make the most of your email strategy. Used by HSBC, Netflix, and Trello plus many other brands.
- Pre-send testing
- Campaign development features
- Insight and analytical tools
- Basic – $99 per month
- Plus -$199 per month
- Enterprise -custom pricing
- Free trials for all subscription plans except Enterprise
500+ HTML Email Templates, available in Benchmark’s online editor.
Benchmark’s Starter Plan gives you access to hundreds of templates for free, by downloading a template in ZIP format. After downloading an HTML email template, you can drag and drop edit it and customize it using your a text or HTML editor. The email marketing starter plan is limited to 250 emails per month or there is an upgrade to Pro plans with more advanced tools.
- Downloadable free templates
- Limited but a free email marketing plan
- Free templates
- Free Starter Marketing plan limited to 250 emails per month
- Pro Marketing plans from $11.89 -#3739 per month depending on the number of subscribers.
270+ Email Templates, provided by different designers.
Envato Elements is a subscription service for designers that provides an all-round service of graphic assets, templates, resources, and business management tools. There are nearly 2 million downloadable digital assets for your projects. Envato Elements offers pricing plans, monthly and yearly, that support unlimited downloads. Within this service, there are 270+ downloadable, fully editable email templates of differing types, plus courses and tutorials on use and creation.
- Email templates
- Customizable and editable
- Many other design resources and assets
- Individuals from 14.50 Euro per month
- Teams from 9.45 Euro per month per member
- Enterprise -custom pricing
- Student discount of 30%
HTML Email Templates, plus a great and easy-to-use online editor.
Dyspatch is an email production platform with an easy-to-use editor and built-in device testing for email strategy. There are a number of free open-source templates to help you create your own emails. Dyspatch also has the “sendwithus” service, a template management platform that has been working with over 200 leading brands since 2013.
- Some free templates and visual editor
- Litmus testing
- Interactive design
- Separate email management system
- Dyspatch Basic – $208 per month
- Dyspatch Pro – $1000 per month
- Dyspatch Enterprise -custom pricing
- Sendwithus -Free for up to 100 recipients plus Lite and Premium versions
9. Cake Mail
30+free HTML Email Templates, perfect for small businesses.
With Cakemail you can create, send, and track customized email campaigns in an affordable way and well-regarded customer support. Specializing in a platform for small businesses and non-technical users, CakeMail’s emphasis is the core features of list management, email design (templates), and basic behavior tracking for a modest price. There is a smallish but well-designed selection of free templates for you to view and download.
- Some free templates
- Email management
- Analytics and reporting
- A free trial is available for up to 30 days and 500 sends
- Plans start $8 per month.
10. Fresh Mail
30+ HTML Email Templates, plus a lot of useful tools for your email campaigns.
Fresh mail is a cloud-based email marketing solution that has a limited library of HTML email newsletter templates and an editor that can be customized from anywhere for you to get started on your campaign. The service allows you to create newsletters import and export HTML, send campaigns, market, integrate, and analyze.
- Editable templates (free)
- Import of other HTML email templates
- Campaign tools
- Free 14 day trial
- Unlimited (based on subscribers) or pay as you go price options
- From $13 per month to $2368 depending on plan and options
11. Send X
20+ Free HTML Email Templates with a lot of useful features.
An email marketing software package for unlimited emails and campaigns. A few free HTML email templates including eCommerce and online courses. Schedule and tracking tools, ready-made themes, and premade templates with editor plus loads of stock photos and lots of support.
- Full campaign software
- Premade templates with editor
- Tracking and other analytical tools.
- Free 14 day trial
- Free 1:1 demo
- Subscription plans starting from $7.49 per month for up to 1000 subscribers to $44.99 for up to 15,000
12. Theme Forest
2000+ HTML Email Templates with different features and individual prices.
ThemeForest have nearly 2000 ready-made HTML email templates and designs for you to use in your marketing campaigns from as little as $9. Change the color scheme, layouts and background transforming the premade design into your own built email and then transfer into a marketing campaign software that supports uploads.
- Ready-made, editable templates
- Some support
- Cheap – a one-off payment
- Fixed one-off payment based on template bought from $9
13. Pixel Buddha
Few Free HTML Email Templates with an ultra-modern look.
Pixel Buddha is a resource site with mostly free products, that are available for personal and commercial use, including software, web, apps, email templates, and themes. There are free responsive ready-to-use HTML templates for different purposes: Landing pages, websites, email newsletters. They feature all the latest trends and technologies.
- Free downloadable products including editable email templates
- Some premium individually prices items
16 Free HTML Email Templates that don’t force you to use specific builders or services.
Themezy is a collection of Free Website Templates and Free WordPress Themes designed by experts and includes a small selection of HTML email templates. Click on your favorite, download, and customize with your content and images. No signup or membership, simple and free.
- Free editable downloadable templates
15. W3 Layouts
50+ Free HTML Email Templates on different themes.
Another website template site that includes 54 free HTML email templates depending on the plan you go for.
- Free templates possible depending on usage
- Starter plan -free up to 50 entrees per month and mandatory backlink
- Liberty -$10 per month 150 entrees, no backlink, single domain
- Extended as above but with multiple domains
100+ HTML Email Templates, which are easily editable with MailChimp’s online builder.
We started with one of the main players in the market and we’ll finish the same way. American company Mailchimp is one of the most popular and certainly one of the most well-known marketing service platforms worldwide. Used in over 175 different countries and sending out over 6 billion emails per week from nearly half a million companies. An all-in-one platform that allows users to create and send bulk emails, manage and track subscribers, target, and analyze campaign with a great range of marketing tools. Sign up for free and learn more from there range of tutorials, guides, and tips. Mailchimp isn’t just about email campaigns either – website builder, landing pages, digital ads, social media campaigns are all catered for.
- Great user-interface.
- HTML templates (100+) with drag and drop builder
- Tracking and subscriber management
- Free plan for up to 2,000 contacts and 10,000 emails per month (with ads).
- Essentials plan starts at $9.99/month for 500 contacts and 500k emails.
- The standard plan adds advanced automations, starts at $14.99/month.
- Premium from $299 per month giving you all-areas access.
- Pay as you go pricing option
Why Email marketing templates?
A great HTML email template is the key to successful email marketing. It is estimated that for every $1 spent on email marketing you can expect a return on investment of nearly $40. A recent eMarketer survey has also found that email marketing drives 25% of the overall revenues from those companies surveyed. Surely these facts alone mean that you don’t need any more convincing of the value of email marketing. Add to this the fact that the cost for such a marketing strategy is affordable for even a small company and the potential is unquestionable.
Like all templates, HTML Email templates save you time and therefore money. You can produce marketing campaigns quickly, can adapt to market changes at an instant, you concentrate your efforts on content rather than creation, and you can directly target your subscribers.
The HTML email template is reusable and preformatted, allowing you to fully edit content, add images, add links, adds effects, and in doing so create your own unique email to suit your company branding, purpose, and goals as well as your personality. You can create consistency, trust, and relay professionalism at the simple to touch of the send to all button.
How to create a template?
There is no reason why you can’t learn the technical skills and use software developed to build your own HTML email template, there are even free templates available online that you can adapt for your own business.
However, if you want a really unique, professional-looking branded template there are specialist Email template developers that provide templates to suit your exact needs. Not only are these experts experienced in design and development but they’ll offer you invaluable advice, take your ideas and turn them into reality, and test run the templates to makes sure there are no bugs or glitches and you can break through those Spam filters, and vitally test your templates on multiple devices.
So with email marketing proven to be effective and all of these great products and services available to get you going- you’ve little time to waste. There is plenty of information to check out, and loads of options so the way to go is to have a sit-down and think about which service is going to be the best fit for you and your brand. Your emails will reflect on you and help create that image so make them worth sending, success is not a guarantee -poorly designed emails with poor content will backfire and you will lose subscribers. DIY or professionally designed, which campaign to use, etc are all decisions to make but you’re heading in the right direction. Good luck, onward and upwards, and watch the business grow, grow, grow.
You may also be interested in these related articles: