Are you in search of up-to-date visual content marketing statistics? Every marketer knows that a successful business strategy depends on the understanding of how the users behave. What are their favorite social media channels? Which type of content appeals to them the most? However, the user behavior is not a constant value. The marketing environment changes from one year to another. In order to help you make an informed decision for your business strategy in 2017, we’ve searched the web for the most up-to date visual content marketing statistics and came up with 27 eye-opening revelations.
These recent visual content marketing statistics are perfect guidelines to give you a clue of how the users will behave in 2017. Some of them are backed up with visual presentation so they can give you a better idea of what are the trends for the future. So, here they are:
27 visual content marketing statistics for a powerful business strategy in 2017
1) Three days after hearing a piece of information the human brain can recall just 10% of it. The same information backed up with a picture will be remembered up to 65%. (Source)
2) According to a recent study, the 3 most important social media channels to bind to your visual content strategy are Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. (Source)
3) More than 60% of the marketers picked YouTube as an important social media platform. Video is gaining popularity as the most digestible type of visual content since it can easily beat the user’s short attention span. It also quickly engages, informs and entertains the viewer. (Source)
4) The enterprises having participated in the same research claimed that their top 3 best performing content types throughout social media are videos (23%), images (22%), and offers and promotions (18%). Not coming as a bolt from the blue that the first two are types of visual content marketing, while the third one is also quite often combined with a visual medium. (Source)
5) Why should you put your visual content on social media? Increased website traffic and enhanced brand image ranked equally (18%) as the best benefits of being live on social media. (Source)
6) People are 82% more likely to remember information if it stands out in color. (Source)
8) Colored information leaves almost 40% more lasting impression. (Source)
9) In a recent research marketers have been asked to identify their most preferred content types that deliver results in social media. The leader is the visual content with 74% (up from 71% in the last year), followed by blogging with 68% (often combined with visual content marketing), and videos with 60%. (Source)
10) This same study asked marketers to pick just one form of content that was of the utmost importance to their business. Blogging ranked first with 38% dropping down from 45% in 2015 but still keeping its leading position. Visual content marketing ranked second with 37% rising from 34% in 2015. (Source)
11) While the results of this research show the average values of the preferences of both B2B and B2C marketers, here is the breakdown. Almost half (49%) of B2B marketers picked blogging as their most valuable type of content while 42% B2C marketers put visual content marketing on first place. Respectively, for B2B marketers the visual content marketing comes second with 27%, and for the B2C marketers blogging takes the second place with a result of 33%. (Source)
12) The same survey asked participants to share their plans for utilizing videos as a form of visual content marketing in their overall business strategies. A huge portion of 73% shared that they would increase the use of videos, 14% would not change it, 13% had not considered it, and just 1% claimed that they would decrease it. (Source)
13) Regarding the traditional visual content marketing including images, photos, illustrations, etc, 71% the marketers claimed that they would increase it. Twenty percent would not change the use of visuals in their strategies. Eight percent had no plans of utilizing and 1% would decrease it. (Source)
14) Almost ⅔ of experienced marketers claimed that visual content marketing such as illustrations, images, videos and infographics is essential to their brands. This was revealed in a survey taken last year in North America. (Source)
15) The same survey revealed that the use of video and infographics would rapidly increase. Almost 80% of the respondents indicated video as their most important visual asset they would invest in. Infographics got the attention of 60% of the respondents. Half of them voted for photography and 41% said that they would increase their use of illustrations. (Source)
16) 6 out of 10 marketers believe that visual assets excite, grab the attention and help engage the audience. (Source)
17) 52% of marketers claim that visual assets are very useful in explaining complex content. (Source)
18) 46% of marketers believe that visual content marketing helps them present their new products and ideas more clearly and quickly. (Source)
19) Surprisingly, just 27% of marketing and non-marketing teams have an aggregated organizational process for managing their visual content marketing. Other 42% claim that not centralizing their visual assets is due to other company priorities. (Source)
20) The Content Marketing Institute reported that 69% of marketers have created more visual content last year compared to the previous year. (Source)
21) By the end of this year 70% of B2B marketers will have created even more visual content than the previous year. (Source)
22) A research by AOL and Nielsen reported that 27 millions pieces of visual content are being shared every day. (Source)
23) The production of infographics steadily increases with 1% per day, reports a research by Zabisco. (Source)
24) The same research reveals that 40% of the people respond better to information including visual content rather than text without any images. (Source)
25) A research from last year reported that 46% of the senior marketing executives surveyed considered photography as critical for their visual content marketing. 36% voted for video, 19% for infographics, and 15% for illustrations as a critical type of visual asset. (Source)
26) More than the half correspondents (54%) claimed that the use of illustrations is important for their visual content marketing. (Source)
27) The same research has revealed that in the future 50% of marketers will increase their use of photography, 41% will increase their use of illustrations as a type of visual content marketing, 79% will pay more attention to video content, and 60% will create more infographics. (Source)
We hope these 27 visual content marketing statistics gave you a better idea of what the user behavior and preferences will be in the future. Not only to adjust your marketing strategy to be more adequate for the evolving business environment but to also finish this year strong and start the upcoming 2017 even stronger. Good luck!
In the meantime, you could also learn some useful tips and advices from top marketing experts. They share their insights, tips and also make interviews with successful business owners in these digital marketing podcasts.
Also, check out our collection of 25 highly engaging visual content marketing examples to give you an idea of how to use illustrations in your social media posts.